The main research areas of our department are on urogenital oncology, renal transplantation, urinary reconstructive surgery,and laparoscopic surgery. Extensive clinical and basic studies are being performed in the following subdivisions:
- DNA polymorphisms associated with genesis and progression of urologic cancers (Prostate cancer, Bladder cancer, Renal cell cancer, Testicular cancer).
- Identifications of molecular markers that distinguish urologic cancers with high malignant potential.
- Identification of immunologic and genetic parameters affecting the outcome of renal transplantation.
- Novel approach for reconstruction and regeneration of pelvic nerves involved in erection and micturition.
- Extensive urologic laparoscopic surgeries for kidney and upper urinary tract, prostate cancers and other urologic diseases.
- Urinary reconstructive surgeries maintaining high QOL.
- Pharmacogenetic studies on immunosuppressive drugs and anti-cancer drugs.
- Novel chemotherapeutic approach for advanced urologic cancers
- Novel immunosuppressive regimens for high risk kidney transplantation.